Menu Contact
The Gartzman Law Firm, P.C. Tax Law Attorneys
Contact Us Today For A Free Phone Consultation

Consider Better Ways To Use Your Tax Refund

What are you going to do with your federal income tax refund this year? Instead of spending the money on things you don't really need - like a bigger flat screen TV or the latest smart phone - you might put a sizeable refund to better use. Here are a few suggestions.

  • Pay down debt.

Improve your overall financial situation by reducing the amount of any outstanding debts beginning with high-interest rate credit card balances.

  • Contribute to an IRA.

For 2012, you can contribute up to $5,000 ($6,000 if you're age 50 or over) to any combination of traditional and Roth IRAs. Contributions to a traditional IRA may be wholly or partially tax-deductible, while Roth IRAs can provide tax-free payouts in the future.

  • Save for your children's education.

Investigate the options, such as tax-favored Section 529 plans.

  • Build an emergency fund.

Set aside some money that will be available in case of emergencies.

Contact Atlanta Tax Attorney and CPA, Jeffrey Gartzman, at Gartzman Law Firm for more tax relief support.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact Our Firm

The Gartzman Law Firm, P.C.
2851 Henderson Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30341

Phone: 770-648-0689
Fax: 770-939-7743
Atlanta Law Office Map

Contact Us For A Free Telephone Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get In Touch